1. Training expected to produce a specific character or pattern of behavior, especially training that produces moral or mental improvement.
2. Controlled behavior resulting from disciplinary training; self-control.
a. Control obtained by enforcing compliance or order.
b. A systematic method to obtain obedience: a military discipline.
c. A state of order based on submission to rules and authority: a teacher who demanded discipline in the classroom.
4. Punishment intended to correct or train.
5. A set of rules or methods, as those regulating the practice of a church or monastic order.
6. A branch of knowledge or teaching.
tr.v. dis·ci·plined, dis·ci·plin·ing, dis·ci·plines
1. To train by instruction and practice, especially to teach self-control to.
2. To teach to obey rules or accept authority. See Synonyms at teach.
3. To punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience. See Synonyms at punish.
4. To impose order on: needed to discipline their study habits.
Discipline is the thing I don’t have. That’s why I haven’t been regularly posting. But I do have a reason. I’m done with school and in May 20th I’ll be graduating from my Master in Journalism. Besides finals, hanging out, traveling and other stuff…. I’m going through a life changing moment. I’ve had three, actually… four. One, I will not mention but I was 11. The second one: High School graduation. The third one: Leaving to Boston and this one: Moving to Sydney.
Anyways, the topic is discipline and that’s exactly what I lack. Ever since I’ve been in school I’ve survived by pure knowledge but without any discipline to study or do homework. Still I managed to graduate as one of the top of my class. I wonder how I would’ve done if I was more disciplined.
I begin things and then I leave them incomplete (most of the times)- hence a need for discipline. But I don’t blame things I’ve done that made me undisciplined (Iam incredibly disciplined when it comes to conduct… well most of the times), I blame my condition: that ADDness desire to do million things at a time, getting bored incredibly easy and with a desire to do newer things all the time. I’ll try to be more in contact with my blog and people. I need to stop being obsessed with World of Warcraft, going out a lot and living my life… NOT.
Anyways, I’m undisciplined, you know it. Still I’m having a blast and that’s all that matters.
By the way, check out a video of the sequel to the first short (crazy) film, Fumar es Malo, I directed along with Monica Calderon back in college. The name of the film is La venganza nunca es buena. It is low quality, blame it on the transference.